On September 1, 1945, Wilhelm and Marie Harting founded a company named “Wilhelm Harting Mechanical Workshops”. In a small hall of about 100 m2 in a Minden repair shop, they began producing devices for everyday needs. Initially, these were products for everyday use. They produced energy-saving bulbs, sought-after hotplates, electric fencing equipment, waffle irons, electric lighters and irons. The size and scope of their orders increased and the company grew steadily.